March 31, 2011

Hittle Thoughts

March 28, 2011

Today marks five months that we ran up a few flights of stairs and into Laura's arms! Our life has been wonderful and very, very busy since we brought her home, let me to tell you!

Laura's language continues to surprise me each and every single day! I am often amazed by her ability to understand me and even sense my mood (something most of the men in my house are still learning) hee hee. Today, as I was sweeping the floor Laura asks, "What are you doing?" "I'm sweeping the floor". I say. She says, "why?" (her favorite question by the way). "Why do you think?" I ask. "We have friends coming over?" she says. No, we don't but what a smart kid huh? What a conversation! In just five short months she is talking non-stop and holding complete conversations with us.

As for the boys, Laura completely adores her big brothers. Big brother Eric can be very helpful at times carrying Laura and swinging her all around. Laura squeals, "faster!" and "again!" as he pushes her in her pink car or twirls her around. Alex and Laura have developed a special relationship. I see a similar personality in the two. I often find them playing together and acting silly. Laura also loves it when Alex tucks her in at night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment