May 3, 2012

Surgery Day

April 24th, 2012


 The nurses got Laura all set up and then let Mom and I come in. Doesn't she look so in this huge hospital bed all hooked up?


 I was a little teary eyed as I waited patiently for the Princessa to wake up.


 She was hooked up to soooo much stuff! Laura had an epideral, IV bag, cathader, blood pressure cuff, oxygen level tester on her finger etc. 


A few hours later she woke up and began talking about the last thing she remembered. Before her medicine in pre-op, we were about to play a game of shoots and ladders. Laura asked about the game and then the poor gal threw up.


Here we are after being cleaned up.

Laura was able to have a popsicle and some goldfish that first night. She slept on and off. I don't think Mom and I got more than 2 hours total of sleep with so may bells going off on her monitor. Laura's blood pressure and pulse were very high. She also kept pulling out the thing in her nose. Thank God Mom was there with me!

April 25th-Day 2 in Hospital


Here she is sleeping with her dolly, Katya.

 Our Roadrunners, Ben and Peggy kept Mom and I company on day two as we watched our gal sleep and sleep and sleep.

In theafternoon we went for a short walk to choose our bear and outfit and to see the fish.

 I carefully put Laura in the wheelchair and Mom drug around a pole w/ her epideral, IV and I don't know what else. Later, Laura told us she'd named her pink and purple bear w/ the spiderman outfit, Spidergirl. Lol! Every girl needs a Superhero right?!




I love this picture of our girl sleeping. She looks so peaceful and beautiful.


In he afternoon, Memere had to say goodbye. I was sad to see her leave but so thankful for the two nights we had together, one in the hotel and our first night in the hospital. Shortly after Mom left, Laura had a couple bites of dinner and we both went to bed around 6:00PM! Night number two was better than the first night. Thankfully our nurse, Morgan, turned off one of the alarms on the very touchy monitor and I was able to get some much needed sleep. I felt more human when the doctor came for 7:00 AM rounds the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray for you all! Laura is so beautiful and brave! Mom too! :)

    ReplyDelete