May 11, 2012

Not what I expected


Laura at 2 1/2 yrs old
The first picture I ever saw of Laura....

Laura's been home a little over 18 months now. It's funny because when we were doing all the paperwork to adopt  her, I envisioned playing dolls with this pretty little girl. I thought we'd be spending lots of quiet time together, talking, reading, playing games, cuddling up together and combing Laura's and her dolls hair. Ha ha ha!



For those of you who know Laura, you know she's an outdoor kid! Snuggling on the couch? Yeah, for about 2 minutes at night! Playing with dolls? How about smashing them together and throwing them through the sky! Combing hair? No, we don't like such borring things!!

But here we are now, finally getting the chance to play with Barbies, play board games and sit and cuddle and talk.

Even though she isn't exactly what I expected, Laura is way better than I could have imagined!! She has personality (lots and lots of personality) she is fiesty (but in a good way) she loves to run and play outside. She usually doesn't sit still for long. In fact on most days I can barely keep up with this bundle of energy. Oh, and the attitude she gives me, oh man is she something!!!


Butt (hee hee), look at this girl having fun now.


and making a mess....


Look at her now, NOT being tired and NOT needing a nap!- I know I need one! Lol!

Thank you God for this girl. Please help her bones to heal. Thank you she can be herself with her own special unique personality. She has lots of fun and will, walk, run and skip again soon! Thank you for making her just the way she is!!

1 comment:

  1. Laura, I so love to see you in action. I too couldn't wait to meet you for the first time. I have always loved your eyes. They are so beautiful whether they are open when you play or closed when you sleep. You give every day a hundred percent of your activity. I know this for a fact. I have seen you in action. The quiet times are few and far between. Of course we won't tell you need a nap from time to time. I don't either. Love you lots, Memere

    ReplyDelete