May 11, 2012

Now and then!

This picture was taken 2 weeks post- op. Yup, just 14 days after major surgery!
She has decided to ditch the wheelchair, at least part of the time.

Go Laura!!



Of course this doesn't surprise me one bit....


This is not the first time she's ditched her wheelchair....

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who hardly spoke a word of English, 9 weeks after coming home, at the age of 4 yrs old, Laura had her symes amputation in January of 2011.



She wore this hot pink cast for 8 long smelly weeks. : )


She looks so tiny!


Oh how our girl has grown!!
So has her walker, by two hole sizes higher!


 This picture reminds me how far her language has come. Before Laura learned English, we used to speak with our hands. : )
 and our facial expressions.....



Feb. 2011


April 2012

Ok, so we still speak with our facial expressions! : )


and maybe our tongue....



So you go girl! Go Laura!!


But please rest some, so I can catch up on my blog....


now and then.....

1 comment:

  1. My heart is so full of love for this little girl. She has come so far in such a short time. Yes, she does speak with her facial expressions and her eyes. She is also a good hugger. I love to have her arms around my neck. She is truly a gift to all who know her. Even though she thinks she is grown up, we still want to take care of her. My prayers are for her continued speedy recovery. Love, Memere

    ReplyDelete