April 29, 2012

Surgery

We arrived at the hospital shortly after 8:00 AM for the scond surgery of the day. Laura looks somber. I was trying to keep myself together.







I think they asked us about 1,000 questions before surgery.


Thankfully Peggy and Mom where with us to help the time go by whle I answered questions and Laura had her boodpressure taken etc.





She changed out of her festive dress and bow to put on this fancy tiger gown.


Cousin Beth called to wish her luck and tell Laura they were praying for her.


Here she is waving goodbye. I had just shown her a picture I'd received on my phone of Sophia wishing her luck. I told Laura to wav to Sophia. After this, we walked up to the third floor for some meds before surgery.


I think the meds are starting to work.




The nurses told her to wave goodbye like a princess. Yup, I do believe the drug were in full effect.


This is the second time I've watched my baby girl being taken back for surgery. It's a sad feeling to watch her go. I did feel confident in Dr. Westberry and Dr. Miller. It was still hard to see her go! Thank God my Mom was with me! I realized later it was even harder on her because not only was she watching her grandbaby go to surgery but she was also watching me being upset.

We went back to what was going to be Laura's room and we prayed and cried.

Love you Mom!

1 comment:

  1. Amy...praying for your mama's heart and for a successful surgery and speedy recovery for Laura! Knowing He is holding you all!

    In Him,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete