April 4, 2011

Shriners Hospital # 8 - WALKING!

‎9 months ago TODAY we met Laura. 5 months ago TODAY we arrived home with her. TODAY she got her "big leg" at 11:00 AM!
TONIGHT she walked unassisted for the very first time! Laura is abosulutely AMAZING!!

 Here Laura is waiting for her appointment and taking a peek at where her leg was made.

 Mrs. Jenn brought out Laura's leg!

 Laura, what do you think? Shall we try it on?


Yeah! Let's go for a spin!



Looking good!


Mrs. Jenn made some adjustments and then she put on the bottom portion.



Thank you Mrs. Diane for making our daughters leg! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!!
"I like my leg" says Laura.

After some leg adjustments Laura was able to walk while using her walker. We went and had lunch and then went back for physical thereapy in the afternoon.

And the BEST part for last....

A video of Alex walking with Laura unassisted for the very first time!




Laura, you are AMAZING!


6 comments:

  1. wow wow wow!!! so proud of her!!! Erin and Hannie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura,
    I am so excited to see that you are walking by yourself. You have such good balance also. I am so proud of you! You have done so much in the past few months, but your determination never changes. Today it makes nine months that you met your mama and papa. You have been a blessing to your family and to us. We are so happy for you. We are thankful for Shriner's Hospital and for all the miracle workers who work there. Mostly, we are happy for you. You have a special place in everyone's lives that you have touched. Continue to make this world yours. We love you lots. Memere and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,

    Yes You ARE AMAZING!!! WOOHOO!! I can hardly believe my eyes yet I can believe it! You have an incredible strong will and spirit and you are so blessed! WOW! Aunt Rissy loves you SO MUCH! We're so happy for the new leg! SO HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I love it how you say, "again, again!"
    You are so brave and strong!!!
    We are so proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, I just got home from being gone for two days and had to see you walking again. Lo and behold, I had a new video of my amazing granddaughter walking by herself. You are truly a super duper walker! Then I saw my amazing Alex flying in the background. What wonderful memories. Love, Memere

    ReplyDelete