July 30, 2011

A letter to my Dear Leg #1

Dear Leg #1,

Thank you so much for your service. I am sorry to say, I have outgrown you. I will always remember you as my very first prosthetic leg. Thank you for helping me learn to walk, jump and skip! I had fun doing so many new things for my very first time while wearing you, things like jumping off of stairs, jumping on Mom and Dad's bed, riding my very first amusement ride, going to school, playing at the playground, fishing, taking my dog for a walk, grocery shopping and even dancing!

Sorry I kind of scratched you up a bit and colored on you. We did have a lot of fun!

Love,
Laura



April- bright, clean new leg.


April 5th. Learning how to walk up the stairs.




2 weeks after getting her first leg, Laura did a little "creative drawing" on it.



 "Look what I can do!"




July- hey, your leg shrunk!


Leg #1 drying on the handy dandy gate, outside.



Yikes!


This was Laura's idea. She is such a goof-ball!


Hopefully leg #2 will be ready next month! Hopefully leg #1 will survive that long : )

No comments:

Post a Comment