October 29, 2012

Happy Second Gotcha Day!

October 28, 2012
 
 
It's been 2 years since Gotcha day!
 
We met Laura in July of 2010 and spent 3 weeks bonding wth her. We had to wait 12 weeks for her passport to be ready. 12 long weeks! We flew back the end of October to finally bring home our gal.
 
 
Here is our Gotcha video from Oct. 28, 2010
 
 
 





We dressed Laura and her doll Katya.


 
 After she was all dressed, we went downstairs and signed the book. Just like that, after so many months of waiting, she was ours!


Then we said our goodbyes....


I thank God, for the Ladies God sent to nurture our girl, those 47 months she lived at the Baby House.
The lady on the right spoke to me in Russian for what seemed abut 10 minutes. I have no idea what she said, but I heard every word she spoke, in my heart. With tears streaming down my face, I promised to love Laura and gve her everything she needed. Although we didn't understand each other's language, we knew what was spoken. I am so thankful for all the Ladies we called Mama's.

 
And so our journey with Laura began.
 
 
Yup, the journey began!

 This picture, of Laura escaping, is for all my fellow adoptive parents out there! : )
 Oh, the fun we had with our perfect little Angel! 

No comments:

Post a Comment