February 20, 2012

Energizer Bunny!

"Wow, she sure has a lot of energy!"
"I bet she keeps you busy!."
"That leg sure doesn't slow her down any!" 
"Wish I could harness some of that energy!"
"Well, that prosthetic sure doesn't stop her does it?"

These are some of the types of comments I get every day from anyone who sees Laura in action. Yes, our girl has a lot of energy! Laura also has a huge appetitite. Laura goes, goes, goes and loves to eat! I heard that people who wear a prosthetic leg or legs, actually expend 20% more energy each day just to move.

Having a lot of energy is a good thing, well most of the time.  I guess....  It is however, challenging to entertain a high energy princessa at a doctores appointment though! Yesterday I remembered to bring Laura's game but unfortuantely, I forgot to bring extra batteries!  

Here's the girl in action!





She was singing the whole time.


"Mom, I'm cold"
"Mom, I'm sleepy."

"Mom, can I wear your shoes?"


Laura, You bet you can wear my shoes. You are such a silly girl! This picture reminds me of a little plastic figure my little sister had on her birthday cake when she was about 3. The figure was of a little girl wearing a huge hat, big pearl necklaces and her mother's high heels. What little girl hasn't done this?!


Here we are, finally home from our appointment. Doesn't she looked thrilled? She now has a nice new cover so maybe her pants and tights won't get so torn up. Maybe...

Tights taking a beating

"Mom, can I go outside and play in the rain?"
So, later that night, I noticed the prosthetic apprentice didn't actually glue the cover in place. I think I'll just glue it myself, no need to go back for more torture right?! But if I do...I'll be sure to bring some double A batteries.


2 comments:

  1. I have followed for a bit, can't exactly remember how i linked to your blog... I also have a "Prosthetics Princess" and when you figure out the trick to keeping pants and tights from ripping please let me know the secret. We joke that Elina's mechanical knee is hungry and chomping on her clothes. Yes my daughter has a very good appetite too and is very active... even though she has 2 prosthetic legs! I get comments all of the time too... my Elina is always active too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this little girl in action. She really never stops.I have even seen her in action in her sleep. She starts in one place and ends up someplace else. I also know of the cake topper of which you speak. You have a great memory. We love all the pictures of Laura. She keeps us in stitches every time we see her. I know it must be different for you at times. We love seeing her and the antics she does for you. You will have many wonderful memories of her growing up. She will have a lot of help remembering her many changes. It's a good thing you are keeping these. She might not believe you when she gets older. Thanks for the memories. Love, Memere and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete