September 3, 2011

August was busy!

Oops, I see I didn't post at all in August. What is my problem? Here is a quick re-cap:

pictures coming...

Week 1 - Football Camp, Swim lessons, Dr. appointments and registering the kids for school.

Laura continues to take swimming lessons w/ Miss. Lyndsey
Week 2 - We moved into our new house on base, Lots of unpacking (lots of damage to our furniture ), making new friends in the neighborhood.






Interstate used nothing but the finest quality boxes and packed and handled our beautiful furniture w/ the utmost care- NOT! Yes, we will be filing a damage claim. Oh the joys of moving!!

Week 3- Laura and I went to SC to have addtional fitting on her prosthetic, Made a TV.commercial w/ my sister! Laura fell down some stairs, Getting to know our wonderful neighbors.



 Mr. Ron did some measuring

 Our cutie alright!

 This leg is so cool!!- it has a kneethat bends!

Laura trying out the new leg w/ cousin, Beth.
The leg will be finished and the lower part covered with skin #5. Hopefully it will be ready soon and then it will be mailed to our house.


I requested some railings for the house a week before this pretty girl fell down the stairs. Can you believe the railing actually stops at the top 4 stairs? I knew this was going to happen. So, after she fell, I took her to housing and placed her in front of me and asked them what time they'd be out today to give us a railing (just like the fully remodeled houses have). They told me I needed a letter from EFMP to prove that we needed a railing. SERIOUSLY?!! I immediately called EFMP and had that letter e-mailed that very afternoon. It has now been over a week and I am still waiting. I realize we had a hurricaine so I gave them a week and called maintenance again this past Friday (over 2 weeks after orginal request). On Friday they told me they hadn't even seen the e-mail from EFMP yet. I think this picture is worth a 1,000 words- this is also how I feel about the situation.

Week 4- Boys started school, Hurricane Irene, Neighborhood after the storm/ no power cook out, Laura has been home 10 months, Horseback riding w/ a friend.

Can't believe I have a 7th grader and a freshman!











We all helped clean up from hurricane Irene.






Thank you Ms. Dawne for a wonderful visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment